Saturday, 19 April 2014

What am I reading?

So, it's fair to say that I love reading as much as I love writing (maybe more sometimes when I have writers block) as I believe that reading has helped be moulded me into the type of writer that I am. I've always loved litreture but since taking it up in sixthform, my passion for it has developed so much more and I love the classics.  I love poetry, Shakespeare and as geeky as it sounds, I just love words and the way that they can be made into something so beautiful, just by the way you form them into a sentence! 

Anyway, I have been reading a lot of heavy litreture books lately for my exams and coursework as well as in my own time to challenge myself and I always believe that after reading a contemporary novel, it's nice to have a 'easy read' as this is perfect for relaxing!

I'm currently reading 'Mad About the Boy' which is the latest installment in the Bridget Jones series. 

it's a lovely, warmhearted and humorous read, also with some parts that tug at the heart strings. This is my first time reading a Briget Jones book as it was a present from my dads fiancé, but I am really enjoying it!

Bridget is now in her 50's, and following the loss of her Mr Darcy, she struggles to balance a new social life, work and single parenting as well as being dropped into the 21st century with the new arrival of twitter and internet dating. A definite recommendation for anyone who loves Bridget and her diary full of resolutions that she never really sticks to.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment