Monday, 9 December 2013

Panic

I run as fast as I can. My heart feels as if it is about to jump out of my chest and gain a life of its own. It hurts as I can feel it pound and it does its best to keep my blood going. It seems to be doing well as I can feel the red liquid pumping everywhere along with the adrenaline. My body is telling me to stop but there's no way I'm doing that without getting what I want. It's not like giving up is an option anyway.

My breathing gets faster and heavier and soon I'm panting like a dog who had just been on the biggest walk of his life. 

I had to do this. I had a point to prove. He wasn't getting away. Every step he took - I mimicked. Every turn he made - I was right behind. I didn't care about the gobsmacked faces that were our audience. I'd even push them out of the way if it came to it. The point of considering what people thought of me had disappeared a long time ago along with my self doubt. Nobody was stopping me hunting him down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment